This module is part of the Distance Learning Website of the Carmelite Institute of Britain and Ireland (CIBI)
This online module is an introduction to the life and spirituality of St Teresa of los Andes. Among the topics covered are:
- the early life of St Teresa of the Andes;
- her spirituality;
- her letters;
- her Carmelite vocation.
There are five books in print on St Teresa of the Andes:
- God the Joy of my Life: A Biography of St Teresa of Jesus of the Andes, ed., Michael Griffin, Washington, DC: Teresian Charism Press, 1989. This is the Diary of St Teresa of the Andes as well as a short biography.
- Letters of Saint Teresa of Jesus of the Andes, ed., Michael Griffin, Hubertus, WI: Teresian Charism Press, 1994.
- Testimonies to Blessed Teresa of the Andes, compiled by Michael Griffin, Hubertus, WI: Teresian Charism Press, 1991. This includes the circular letter sent to Carmels after her death, a letter by Luis, her favourite brother, as well as some of her sayings and prayers.
- A New Hymn to God, compiled by Michael Griffin, Hubertus, WI: Teresian Charism Press, 1993.
Moorcroft, Jennifer, God is All Joy: The Life of St. Teresa of the Andes, Washington: ICS Publications, 2009.
Teresa of the Andes also has her own website: www.teresadelosandes.com. which has photographs of her and her family, and places connected to her, extracts from some of her letters, a short biography, etc.
And article in Mount Carmel magazine June 2003 by Norbert Cummins is an excellent short introduction to her life.
Module Tutor: Jenifer Moorcroft TOC
The module is divided into 5 units of input and, at the end, you may complete a Questionnaire, write a Learning Journal, or write an Assignment .
Once posted online, each unit will be available until the end of the module. The dates on which each of the units, and the other material for this module is available in the calendar in the Student Section.
| ||Item|| |
| ||Unit 1|| |
| ||Unit 2|| |
| ||Unit 3|| |
| ||Unit 4|| |
| ||Unit 5|| |
| ||Questionnaire|| |
| ||Learning Journal|| |
| ||Essay titles|| |
Please click HERE to access the STUDENT SECTION for module start and end dates
From the date corresponding to the relevant Monday (see main web page of www.cibi.ie), you can click on the relevant unit to access it. Each module includes links to other internet sites of various kinds related to the material being covered.
Once you have successfully accessed and studied the material in each module and received the Assignment titles and the questionnaire, pleace complete either the Questionnaire, write a Learning Journal, or write an Assignment based on one of the titles given, and return it to to the course administrator: [email protected]
Copyright: CIBI holds the copyright to this material (text, graphic and other); distribution to family or friends, or publication (including on internet) of any part of the material is not permitted without the CIBI ’s explicit written permission.